Emergency Management Residency
Preparedness, Response, Recovery, Mitigation
The Emergency Management Residency is designed to educate students in the emergency management body of knowledge and to prepare them for a career in the field.
The Emergency Management Residency provides:
- study groups specific to student’s area of interest with a large selection of electives
- intense Saturday cohorts consisting of a morning and an afternoon session
- experienced faculty holding industry leadership positions
- course content built on the latest leadership and policy trends in the public and private sectors
- flexibility to earn 16 credits for the term.
Expect to experience:
- guest speakers
- workshops and field trips around New York City
- face-to-face study group meetings with students and faculty from across the state.
During the spring (January) term, students choose from nine emergency management related studies, all held onsite at Empire State College's Staten Island location.
- exploration of challenges and critical issues in emergency management
- an intense 10-week program with two 5-week cohorts
Empire State College
500 Seaview Ave.
Staten Island, NY 10305
Spring 2014 Dates
- Registration: Nov. 5, 2013 - Jan. 10, 2014
- Late Registration:
Jan. 13 - 17, 2014
- Term Dates: Jan. 25 - March 29, 2014
- Saturday Cohorts:
Session A - Jan. 25, Feb. 8, Feb. 22, March 8, March 22
Session B - Feb. 1, Feb. 15, March 1, March 15, March 29
William McDonald, Ph.D.
phone: 718-667-7524, ext. 1793