Emergency Management Residency
Preparedness, Response, Recovery, Mitigation
The Emergency Management Residency is designed to educate students in the emergency management body of knowledge and to prepare them for a career in the field.
The Emergency Management Residency provides:
- study groups specific to student’s area of interest with a large selection of electives
- intense Saturday cohorts consisting of a morning and an afternoon session
- experienced faculty holding industry leadership positions
- course content built on the latest leadership and policy trends in the public and private sectors
- flexibility to earn 16 credits for the term.
Expect to experience:
- guest speakers
- workshops and field trips around New York City
- face-to-face study group meetings with students and faculty from across the state.
- exploration of challenges and critical issues in emergency management
- an intense 10-week program with two 5-week cohorts
Empire State College
500 Seaview Ave.
Staten Island, NY 10305
Fall 2014 Dates
- Registration: June 3 - Aug. 29, 2014
- Late Registration: Sept. 2-5, 2014
- Term Dates: Sept. 13 - Nov. 15, 2014
- Saturday Cohorts:
Session A - Sept. 13, Sept. 27, Oct. 11, Oct. 25, Nov. 8
Session B - Sept. 20, Oct. 4, Oct. 18, Nov. 1, Nov. 15
William McDonald, Ph.D.
phone: 718-667-7524, ext. 1793