Lurching Toward Enlightenment
The Scholar's Zombie Apocalypse
Zombies have not only invaded most popular culture realms – from fiction, poetry and film to television and video games – they’re also making appearances in college courses focusing on global security and terrorism, cyberhacking, medical technology, political science and even math.
Explore these questions and many others with Empire State College mentors, professionals and students:
- Why has the zombie become such a popular metaphor in U.S. society and culture?
- What might the figure of the zombie reveal to us about our cultural anxieties and concerns?
- Register for one study associated with the residency.
- Engage in various learning activities before, during and after the residency.
- Attend two days of workshops, group study meetings and other events.
Empire State College
Long Island Center
223 Store Hill Rd.
Old Westbury, NY 11568
- Saturday, May 17
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, May 18
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
March 2014 Term Dates
- Registration: Jan. 28 - Feb. 28, 2014
- Late Registration:
March 3 - 7, 2014
- Term Dates: March 10 - June 27, 2014